Sunday, April 1, 2012

A New Addition!

I'd like to introduce you to my new camera!


So exciting!  I bought my first (digital) SLR last weekend!  It's something I'd been thinking about for a while... replacing my 7 year old point and shoot (which has a couple technical difficulties now and then).  I thought about getting another point and shoot but I really love the quality of photos you can achieve with SLRs.  My main concern with an SLR is the size of it; not exactly something you can throw in your pocket, but I'm hoping the quality of pictures makes up for the slight inconvenience of carrying it around.  (I feel a camera bag craft coming up!)  I'm really happy with the few photos I've taken so far and am ploughing my way through the users manual (nerd alert: I'm the kind of person that does actually read the whole manual cover to cover).

And here is my family portrait of cameras: iPhone, compact point + shoot, "big" point + shoot, SLR.


(Does four cameras seem excessive for one person?)

4 comments:

  1. Laura
    Congrats on your new camera-it's so exciting!!!
    I have a Rebel that is collecting dust. I think it's time to put away the iphone and start experimenting with a "real" camera again.
    Thanks for the push!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see your "real camera" pictures. But aren't iPhones wonderful!?

      Delete
  2. Definitely not too many. I have 4, and carry them all with me in my SLR bag. You never know which one you need at each moment.

    Glad to find your blog from Send Something Good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I can't imagine carrying 4 at once! Good for you!

      Delete